Is sleep apnea causing your fatigue during the day?
Sleep apnea is a condition in which you have one or more pauses in breathing or shallow breaths while you are asleep. According to some estimates, up to 85% of the population that has sleep apnea are still undiagnosed in New York City!
So, how you know if you have sleep apnea in New York City or Philadelphia? What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?
If you snore, feel sleepy or tired during the day, have any medical conditions related to sleep apnea such as high blood pressure, mood problems, diabetes, cardiovascular disease or just feel exhausted all the time, and are overweight, you may suffer from sleep apnea.
- How do I get tested for sleep apnea in Philadelphia?
- A sleep study can help determine if you have sleep apnea in King Of Prussia, PA.
- What are the treatment options for sleep apnea in New York City?
Depending on the type and severity of sleep apnea, the treatment options change but include continous positive airway, a dental device to adjust the position of the tongue and mandible, ENT surgical options and weight loss are the usual treatment options.
Does my insurance cover for testing and or treatment of sleep apnea?
Most insurances do cover for sleep disorders.
How does weight loss and sleep apnea relate to each other?
The relation is bidirectional
If I lose weight with w8md medical weight loss centers program, would my sleep apnea also improve?
Yes, studies have shown even a small change in weight can have a big impact on sleep apnea
What are the health effects of untreated sleep apnea in Philadelphia?
It can lead up to 250 percent increased cardiovascular risk, stroke risk, mood disorders, high blood pressure etc.
Is my blood pressure being elevated related to my sleep apnea?
Can a do a sleep study at home in Philadelphia?
Yes, there is a home sleep study available and sleep medical associates sleep and w8md medical weight loss centers in Philadelphia and New York City help!
Untreated sleep apnea can:
- Increase the risk of high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, obesity, anddiabetes
- Increase the risk of, or worsen, heart failure
- Make arrhythmias (ah-RITH-me-ahs), or irregular heartbeats, more likely
- Increase the chance of having work-related or driving accidents
Sleep apnea is a chronic condition that requires long-term management. Lifestyle changes, mouthpieces, surgery, and breathing devices can successfully treat sleep apnea in many people.
NYC Insurance Weight Loss Center: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5500
Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss Center: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007
- Specialties: Sleep apnea Philadelphia, sleep apnea center philadelphia, sleep doctor philadelphia, Sleep Clinic, Sleep Study Clinics, Sleep Apnea Clinic, Medical Weight Loss, sleep clinic king of prussia pa, sleep doctor philadelphia
Cities Served for sleep apnea and weight loss: Philadelphia, King Of Prussia, Wayne, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Manhattan, New York, New York City, Queens, Long Island, Bronx, Norristown, PA.
Counties Served: Chester, Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Burlington, Kings, Richmond, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx