What is a healthy and safe weight loss program in Philadelphia?
A healthy weight loss program consists of:
- A thorough history and physical examination that focusses on the complex factors leading to weight gain including hormonal factors such as hypothyroidism, other hormonal imblances, nutritional deficiencies, insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome, stress eating, eating disorders, sleep disorders, medications, genetic factors to name a few.
- A reasonable, realistic weight loss goal as determined by the weigth loss doctor that fits your particular situation, objectives, and weight loss goals.
- A reduced calorie VLCD or LCD nutritionally-balanced eating plan or meal replacement that reduces the calories by about 500-1500 calories a day so you can expect to lose 1-3 pounds per week A personalized exercise prescription by a physician familiar with your medical history that you can live with. (VLCD is Very Low Calorie Diet Plan from 800 calories and LCD is Low Calorie Diet Plans from 1000 calories and up) An understanding that exercise alone, without a restricted diet is almost useless as a tool for weight loss.
- A behavior change plan for long term weight loss success to help you stay on track with your goals and maintain the weight loss.
W8MD’s 8 steps to safe weight loss and wellness in Philadelphia City!
Start with knowing where you are with a body mass index calculator, a measuring tape, a copy of the last blood work, if have any and understand where you stand.
Check your BMI using an online BMI calculator. Go to http://www.w8md.com and find the BMI calculator on the right side of the page, put in your information, and find out your BMI.
2. Get a measureing tape and measure your waist circumference in the most prominent part of the belly. Also measure the hip circumference. If you are male and have a waist of over 40 inches in the most prominent part, if you are a female and have a waist of over 36 inches, you may have underlying insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome that may be causing your weight gain, especially in the belly and upper part of the body. (For Asians, the threshold is 35 inches for men and 31 inches for women)
Check if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome. Go to http://w8md.com/w8d-healthy-living/w8md-metabolic-syndrome-meter and see if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome.
Find a weight loss program that accepts health insurance (if you have health insurance)
Consult with an Obesity Medicine Trained Physician knowledgeable about metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and other causes for weigth gain and can help you lose weight safely and effectively using evidence based methods
Start a Low Calorie or Very Low Calorie Diet Plan that cuts you calories by about 500-1000 calories a day so you can lose about 1-2 pounds a weekStep 7. Start walking or other low to moderate intensivity exercise program. Understand that exercise alone is useless for weigth loss but in combination with a reduced calorie diet, it helps.
Start a behavior change plan to help you stay on track with your goals.
How can W8MD help?
If you are a bit overweight or obese and would like to lose weight safely and effectively using proven and evidence based methods instead of fad and unhealthy diets, W8MD’s unqiue insurance physician weight loss and wellness program might be right for you. Since acceptance is limited to only about 10 new patients a week at this time, call W8MD today at 718-946-5500 to see if you can be accepted in the W8MD’s insurance medical weight loss program.
Our Medical Director
Under the direction of Dr. Prab Tumpati, W8MD Weight Loss Centers unique insurance physician weight loss program can make a difference. Dr. Tumpati has passed a written board examination in the field of Bariatric Medicine and is also Board Certified in Sleep Medicine and Internal Medicine. The doctor’s of W8MD partner with each patient to develop a custom weight management program to best meet their individual needs taking into account their medical history, lifestyle and goals.
Sleep disorders and weight gain!
Since weight and sleep go together, most of the W8MD centers are able to address sleep issues such as snoring, obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, insomnia and restless leg syndrome to name a few.
Due to popular demand for the insurance weight loss program, we can only accept about 10 new patients per week at this time in our Philadelphia City or King Of Prussia medical weight loss offices. Also in New York City, CT and other places. Call 215-676-2334for appointments or for more information. You have nothing to lose other than your unwanted pounds and your insurance might cover the cost of the visit. Why pay out of pocket for weight loss?
With insurance, it could be cheaper than even non medical programs such as Jenny Craig’s or weight watchers and it is medical grade. We can address insulin resistance, metabolic, nutritional, hormonal, sleep, and other factors, and prescribe medications when appropriate after a physical for weight loss.
“Dr. Tumpati takes his time with you to explain everything, very thorough” – Carolann Z.
“I would most definitely recommend to go to here. They are very nice helpful and know what they are doing and talking about, I can see that the doctor has experience for sure.”
“I like the Doc. He seem’s to know what he’s talking about nice guy” – J.S.
“After losing 75 lbs, I am cured of sleep apnea, and never felt better! My only problem is that I need new cloths!” – Larry J.
“I came of 5 medications within 2 months of starting the program. This program is amazing and it works”. As they accept insurance, it is as simple as seeing any doctor!” J. Jorge! Read more.
Think W8MD for weight loss! Call 1-800-W8MD-007
Searches: How to fast lose weight, how to lose fast weight, how to lose weight fast, how to lose weight quick, how to eat to lose weight, how many calories to lose weight, how to exercise to lose weight, how to lose weight quickly, how to quickly lose weight, how to lose weight healthy. Two convenient locations for weight loss in greater Philadelphia in North East Philadelphia and King Of Prussia.
- Address:1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
- Address: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007