If you live in the greater Philadelphia area, or Delaware Valley, and are a bit overweight or obese, need professional help from a fellowship trained, experience weight loss doctor that accepts most health insurances, you are at the right place!
Before we discuss how our unique physician weight loss program can change your life, let us discuss some of the common reasons why people gain weight in general.
Top 10 reason for weight gain
- Insulin resistance: this is one of the most common reason for people to gain weight, especially in the middle or upper part of the body. Since insulin resistance affects up to 71% of the population, this is very common and contributes to weight gain in the majority of the population. Since this insulin resistance also makes a person go in to a state of metabolic starvation leading to increased hunger, this can cause a vicious cycle where a person is overeating or reaching for the starchy foods as a result of the metabolic starvation. This effect on the body due to metabolic starvation leading increased hunger and overeating is misunderstood common as most people were under the impression that it is the eating habits that lead to weight gain and insulin resistance although studies have proven that it is the opposite. Since the wrong understanding leads to what is called “blame the patient” or blame the victim attitude, it is important to understand the true reason why most people gain weight. This insulin resistance also leads to increased insulin levels as a compensation which keep the fat storage signal turned on and fat loss signal turned off. So, in between the meals, we are normally supposed to burn fat but those who are insulin resistant, since their high insulin levels keep them in storage only mode for fat, they are unable to burn fat leading to loss of muscle tissue in between the meals. This is called metabolic starvation which leads to thinning of the lower part of the body and large intra abdominal weight.
- Stress: we all know how stress can cause person to gain weight as the stress hormones are very pro-weight gain.
- Sleep Disorders: many sleep disorders, including shift work, lack of proper amount of sleep, and sleep apnea can lead to weight gain and weight gain can in turn lead to sleep issues like sleep apnea.
- Poor eating habits: poor eating habits such as skipping meals, eating larger portions, eating out, fast food, soda etc. can lead to weight gain.
- Medications: many medications are pro-weight gain including most antidepressants, antihistamines, blood pressure, and diabetes medications etc.
- Genes: genetics also plays a part as each person’s metabolism is different.
- Hormonal imbalance: thyroid hormones, cortisol, and many other endocrine problems can lead to weight gain.
- Lack of physical activity: although exercise is not as strong a tool as we traditionally thought it is for weight loss, lack of activity does make a person gain weight.
- Food addiction: many people are just addicted to sugar, or other fast food items that lead to weight gain.
- Nutritional deficiencies can also lead to weight gain such as vitamin deficiencies etc.
If you are overweight or obese, and need help losing some weight in Greater Philadelphia, New York City, New Jersey or other places, consider the unique W8MD’s physician supervised weight loss program.
The best part is that most W8MD weight loss centers accept health insurance for weight loss doctor appointments and the program cost of $50.00 can include up to two types of diet pills or appetite suppressants such as the popular Phentermine and Topiramate for fast weight loss results.
OUR BIGGEST LOSER LOST 147 lbs* SO FAR!W8MD’s weight loss centers accepting health insurancesPennsylvania – Philadelphia Medical Weight LossPoly-Tech Sleep & insurance Physician Weight Loss Center Philadelphia1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115
215-676-2334Our farthest patient for weight loss comes from Nassau, Bahamas! Testimonials!
Poly-Tech Sleep & W8MD’s King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center
987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 (King of Prussia)
Our farthest patient for help losing weight comes from Delaware! Testimonials
Also in many other states, check our main website, www.w8md.com for a list of the latest w8md weight loss centers.
Physicians are encouraged to contact W8MD at 1(800)W8MD-007 to see if you can add our physician weight loss program at your office.