W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical spa slider main page
Lose weight with insurance
* Evidence based. * Clinically proven. * Physician supervised. * Result oriented.
State of the art sleep medicine services
We address over 80 different sleep disorders including sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, restless legs etc.
W8MD Medical Spa Services
Photofacials with Laser ResurFX Permanent Hair Reduction RF Body Contouring Facial Rejuvination with Microneedling Oxygen Facials Injectables such as Botox and Fillers
IV Nutrition Therapy
booster shots for B12, vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Detox treatments and IV nutrition therapy
Stretch marks before and after
Before and After M22 Laser ResurFX Treatment for stretch marks
Body contouring and skin tightening
Before and after body contouring and skin tightening treatment with tripolar RF
Before and after scar treatment
Treatment of scars
Treatment of Acne Scars
Before and after treatment with our advanced IPL and Laser ResurFX for acne scars and depressions.
Let Food Be Your Medicine, Medicine Be Your Food – Hippocrates
As the old adage goes, we become what we eat. Unfortunately, we have gotten away from looking at medicine as the food to creating a multi-billion dollar big pharma industry which promoted various pharmaceutical agents even in situations that could easily be changed with diet and other life style intervention.
According to Dr. David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center and of the Yale Preventive Medicine Center –
90% of all diabetes
80% of heart disease
and 60% of cancers
Although the above was true, unfortunately – very little amount of the total healthcare dollars actually toward prevention. In this context, it is important to remember that “prevention is better” than cure!
Huge Potential Cost Savings
The annual cost savings for the above three diseases alone will add up to over 600 Billion dollars in annual savings if we were to prevent these conditions to the extent it is possible to prevent with known diet and other lifestyle interventions.
What are diet and nutrition related medical conditions?
• 81.1 million Americans—37 percent of the population—have cardiovascular disease. Major risk factors include high levels of blood cholesterol and other lipids, type 2 diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), metabolic syndrome, overweight and obesity, physical inactivity, and tobacco use.
• 16 percent of the U.S. adult population has high total blood cholesterol.
• 74.5 million Americans—34 percent of U.S. 15 adults—have hypertension.
• Hypertension is a major risk factor for heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, and kidney disease.
• Dietary factors that increase blood pressure include excessive sodium and insuficient potassium intake, overweight and obesity, and excess alcohol consumption.
• 36 percent of American adults have pre-hypertension – blood pressure numbers that are higher than normal, but not yet in the 16 hypertension range.
• Nearly 24 million people—almost 11 percent of the population—ages 20 years and older have 17 diabetes. The vast majority of cases are type 2 diabetes, which is heavily influenced by diet and physical activity.
• About 78 million Americans—35 percent of the U.S. adult population ages 20 years or 18 older—have pre-diabetes. Pre-diabetes (also called impaired glucose tolerance or impaired fasting glucose) means that blood glucose levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be called diabetes.
• Almost one in two men and women—approximately 41 percent of the population—will be 19 diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime.
• Dietary factors are associated with risk of some types of cancer, including breast (postmenopausal), endometrial, colon, kidney, mouth, pharynx, larynx, and esophagus.
• One out of every two women and one in four men ages 50 years and older will have an 20 osteoporosis-related fracture in their lifetime.
• About 85 to 90 percent of adult bone mass is acquired by the age of 18 in girls and the age 21 of 20 in boys. Adequate nutrition and regular participation in physical activity are important factors in achieving and maintaining optimal
How Can W8MD Medical Weight Loss Center’s of America’s Insurance Physician Weight Loss Program Help?
Under careful medical supervision, you will be able to not only lose weight fast and safe, but also reduce the need for chronic medications, and can potentially come of many lifestyle medications.